Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Great Success! Anti-Manchild Project #1 finished!


You see this? You see whose name is on it? Well, my first project is now completed. I have a very real and very beautiful chapbook published, all thanks to the very lovely Jessi Graustein and the rest of Folded Word Press. They have decided to put out one of my collections: Common Symptoms of an Enduring Chill Explained. It is an exploration on the relationship between a physical and spiritual breakdown and the effect of both on one's language. See, sometimes dreams do come true. Cue the Disney music. Anyway, the important stuff to check out:

Here is the link to buy it.

Here is a link for updates on Folded Word's blog.

Here are some cool pictures that show the chapbook's making.

There will be further updates about the chapbook later. It's interesting to see me name on the cover. I know that is not the total goal of writing, or the only reason to do it (it's really all about the chicks, man). It's still nice though and seeing a work published makes me feel like Zeus after his headache and seeing Athena emerge. Or something like that. I guess this means I am really published and everything. The next step, of course, is to get a book through, either one of poetry, short stories, or even a novel. Ideally, all three. But for now, one of my major artistic aims has been met and I can cross off one of the many goals I have set up for me to achieve. How many Manchildren can say they've been published?

No comments:

Post a Comment